So today... I'm just gonna do a quick recap of my week. The Highlight Reel of my sad little life:
- I got set up to do the #31DBBB with the @SITSgirls. I am a bit behind as I had no internet this week, but I'll be back on track by Monday, I swear!
- Media Free night was a HUGE success. No one went crazy or got really cranky, however I do worry that I upset the gods of wi-fi. My internet and phone ONLY worked on the one day I swore to turn everything off. Karma? You think?
- The Trucker was home every night in time for dinner. Sadly that doesn't always work out for us. I try to make sure we all sit down and eat together. It took a lot of persistence to convince my family they wouldn't die with the TV off during dinner.
- My work meeting. Yeah, I look forward to work. It's a pretty sweet deal here. I have only one real commitment outside of home each month. It's a bonus for me, not an inconvenience. I get to show that my brain is useful for more than cleaning up puke stains or washing clothes. I get to spend a whole day with ADULTS. And I even get paid for it! :)
- Being Thanked. Everyone loves to hear they are appreciated. My son's teachers said thank you again to me this week. For doing only what I think every parent should do. Pay attention and support your childrens education.
- Counting down how may days until summer holidays with the kids.
- Cutting my phone bill by $25 bucks a month. Dear phone company...Your bad service is the reason I price shop. Glad you decided to step it up and save my business.
- Getting my phone and internet service back. The reasons I miss the internet are obvious, but seriously I missed my landline more than anything else. "Mom, can I call a friend and go play?" "Yes, dear, when we have a phone again." :(
- Saturday Mornings and Pancakes. Nuff said.
- An unplanned weekend. Well, some plans, I have to catch back up to work, but I have no commitments that I need to rebook to do it. I intend to muddle my way through each step and I know that the kids are happy to stay in PJ's all weekend while I do it. (not because they need me to dress them, but because they prefer to stay home as much as they can. That's a good thing right?)
What made your week super?