Monday, January 10, 2011

And So Begins A New Year ..... Again

I have had it.  I'm done.  2011!  You're toast.  Done for. Gone.
What a terrible way to start a new year.

Yeah, yeah... I know, it sure could be a lot worse.  Other people have had bigger problems, etc., etc.  I get it.  But that doesn't mean I have to like the way my year started.  Not counting the inevitable New Years Day hangover (which thank goodness didn't last near as long as last year! I didn't see any part of Jan 1, 2010), the beginning of this year has been pretty yucky.
First, the princess got sick while we were 5 hours away from home.  Had to make the drive back with her miserable in the back of the truck.  Kept everyone home Monday as we got home late Sunday, only to have the oldest get sick too. Had to sleep in the princess's room Sunday night as her coughing and crying woke everyone up. Including the trucker.  And I do need him to have a paycheck!!
By Tuesday I'm sick, 2 kids are sick and the Trucker and I are arguing over stupid trivial things because NO ONE is getting any sleep.
Friday we took down the Christmas tree. Saturday and Sunday were spent arguing non-stop over who should be responsible for shoveling the 25-30 or more cm. of
SNOW
that fell and is still falling.
 
My apologies... the video is not as clear as I'd like, but still perfectly fitting!
I haven't cleaned, had rushed meals everyday. No one is on a regular schedule or routine, not even the princess with her naps!
So that's it. I'm done.  2011 is officially done for me.

Today is now New Years Day and I am celebrating 2011-2 for those who wish to join me.  I will start over. I will start fresh.  Call it reboot, reset, restart, whatever.

Allow me to be the first to wish you all the best - health and happiness and love - through out the year.
Happy New Year 2011-2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment