Monday, July 4, 2011

It's A Fact! And Other Stuff You May Not Want To Know About Me

It's a fact. That sentence can only be said out loud in one way. And if you never watched The Kids In The Hall, you won't say it right.

You already know I'm a queen procrastinator. That I live hugely on coffee and I have three kids. You know that I work from home. You know that the hubs is a trucker.

You may not know that once I sat down on an escalator in the mall and it almost ate my shorts. For real. That was scary.

I like to golf.  I suck, and I only get to go once or twice a year right now, so it will be a long time before I get better at it.

I love needlepoint and cross-stitching. My Aunt bought me my first cross-stitch set when I was about 11 and I've loved it ever since. Sadly, it doesn't get much time spent on it.

I can't/don't drink. Well, once or twice a year, I will. I usually go overboard on those days because if the first drink is gonna make you sick, you might as well make it worth it.

I'm a super huge karaoke dork. I mean fan. I love to go and sing my heart out.

I still have a small container jam-packed with random notes to and from friends in high school. They still make me laugh.  Especially those that were written with a thesaurus... those are hilarious.

I am very selective on Facebook. I'm one of the few people I know with less than 100 'friends.'  (29 to be exact).

I was taught how to drive by my dad. He gave me the keys to the riding lawn mower.  Later he gave me the keys to the standard truck and told me to pull the boat out of the garage out back.  Then he paid for my driver training and I've driven an automatic since. (yes, the boat and the garage ARE okay.)

I cry easy. Like way too easy. Like when my friend at the fair won 85 stuffies at games and I got nuttin. Yep. But she's a softy and gave me one. It was a kangaroo with boxing gloves.

I have a strange and powerful memory. hehehe

My kids go to the same school I did. One of the teachers there now, was there when I went there. But I'm not telling anyone who.  She looks DAMN good, for teaching that many years.

I LOVE a challenge. I can figure out things and make plans work. Some of my best sewing creations come from no pattern at all. And the kids like to test me. Like asking for spiders on cookies or balloons on cupcakes.

My oldest was diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome in 2009. Included with diagnosis were ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder, which I disagree with) and OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) tendencies. He is fascinating. I don't blog about it, because it all just simply IS. Most people I know don't even know.  It was a shock, but not horrible. TS+ is not an incurable disease -- it will never be a death sentence.  It is just THERE

I most definitely overcompensate for my children in all areas where I feel my childhood was lacking. And I
don't care what anyone thinks.

I look more like my dad than my mother. But I think I act more like her.  I'm happy about both of those things.

Macboy and Angel Baby look like me, Art is his daddy all over again.

I have worked in clothing stores, coffee shops, gift stores, fast food, deli's and corporate offices. And I am a level 3 engraver. I loved engraving... working in a kiosk, not so much.  And of all the jobs I ever had, none of them meant as much as being a mom. I WAS that little girl in kindergarten when asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?"  I cheerfully replied "A Mommy!"

Well there you go. Not that you asked.
But then you don't get much choice what I write, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment